June 10, 2014

Best Travel Purses!

I refuse to use a real "travel purse". You know, the ones that claim to be anti-theft, with multiple pockets and secret compartments. They are so ugly and unfashionable, wearing one seems to scream "I am a tourist!"

Instead, I look for regular purses that are 1) lightweight 2) spacious 3) versatile to bring along for traveling.

Here are my favorite travel purses:

This bag is from GAP. I love that the material and color is neutral. I can wear it with any outfit. The gold hardwares add a little dressy element. I can wear the bag long. 
The strap is detachable. I can loop it around twice, and wear the bag short. 
 Or detach the strap all together, and use the bag as a clutch. 
 This bag is from an unknown source. It's a faux leather backpack. 
 With detachable straps, I can convert it into a shoulder bag.
 This bag is from GAP as well. I love bags of nylon material because it's lightweight and durable! It has a wide comfortable strap and numerous compartments. It's very spacious, so it can double as a carry-on bag or a day-trip tote. I can wear it as a shoulder bag. 
 Or hold it on my arm as a tote.
 I received this bag a as a gift; it's from Baggallini. It's my favorite carry-on bag. It has the capacity of a carry-on luggage. Because it can expands three inches taller, it can even fit a standard size pillow! But it's super lightweight! 
 When traveling, I avoid bringing bags like this: statement color that doesn't go with many outfits, uncomfortable straps, small capacity, boxy structure that takes up a lot of space in the luggage. 
In regards to "anti-theft purses" or how to protect your belonging while traveling, my advice is just use your common sense and be aware of your belongings and surrounding. I have traveled to many places, even witness theft in action. Fortunately, I've never experienced theft personally. I am sure I look and act like a tourist. But I don't wear flashing things or put myself in dubious environment. So, be cautious and alert is more important than how "anti-theft" your gears are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment