June 12, 2014

Best Camera And Tripod For Traveling (And For Taking Selfie!)

I am not a avid photographer. I don't take photos of trees or random children playing. And I certainly don't carry a five pounds camera when I travel.

I do, however, take photos to document my travels and I love to share those photos with friends and family. What I look for in a good camera are:

1) Easy to use, because I am not the most tech savvy person
2) Quick on, off, and shutter speed. So I can take photos quickly before the moment passes.
3) Compact and light weight. When I travel, I am already carrying so much stuff in my purse, the last thing I need is camera that weighs like a rock. 
4) Easy to take selfie. I am not obsessed with taking selfies. But a lot of times I don't feel comfortable asking people to help me take a photo. So if I could see the screen when I am taking a photo of myself, I don't have to guess and take multiple pictures to get it right. 

I have two trusted gadgets that I've nailed down, which I take with me to wherever I go. It's a Samsung MV900V digital camera and a flexible mini tripod
The camera's screen could flip around, so I could see myself on the screen. To take a photo, I could either tap the screen, use a timer, or even just wave my hand! This is helpful not only for taking selfie, but taking group pictures as well. This way I could see if everyone is fit inside the screen!

The tripod could virtually grab onto any surface. It could grab onto a glass, which I did a lot at dinner tables in restaurants. A higher and further perspective allows me to include more background. 
It can grab onto a trash can.
Or the back of a chair or any railing. 
The official name of the tripod is Gorillapod
Here is a more in-depth review of the camera. I would say, to this day, it's one of the best digital investments I've ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment