May 8, 2014

Unusual Ways To Use My "Essential Makeup"!

A few years back, I encountered a little makeup emergency abroad. I met a few new friends in Shanghai and they asked me for a night out. I was ill-prepared for a night out to say the least. I didn't bring any makeup at all because I didn't think I would be needing it on a trip with my mom! It's hard to believe, there was a time in my life when I thought I didn't need makeup!

Granted, I didn't need to look fantastic. But being from L.A., where its the norm to look good, I felt the need to look at least somewhat presentable. After frantically putting together my outfit for the night: flats, leggings, and an oversize men's white t-shirt I bought from Carrefour, a store similar to Walmart, I proceed to raid my mother's makeup bag for whatever I could find.

What I found was, I could achieve a pull-together look with just 4 essential makeup items! To show you what I did, I am recreating the process using my own makeup.
Concealer, lipstick, mascara, eyebrow pencil
 Use the concealer to cover up dark circles and blemishes. Coat lashes with mascara. Then use mascara as an eyeliner! Place the brush ON TOP of the lid, wiggle the brush against and along the roots of the lashes. Don't try to be neat. 
 Clean up the edge of the line with a Q-tip.
 After filling in the brows with eyebrow pencil, use eyebrow pencil as an eyeshadow! Apply it allover the lid.
 Smudge out the color and any harsh lines with a Q-tip.
 After applying lipstick on the lips, use lipstick as a blush! Apply it on the apples of the cheeks.
Blend it out with fingertips.
 Here's the finished look! At least my brows are defined, my eyes are awake, and I look like I'm in good health with rosy cheeks and lips.
I am never traveling without these 4 essential makeup items! What are some creative ways you use makeup?
Beuatiful makeup guru Lisa Eldridge just did a similar tutorial, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment