May 23, 2014

Best Movie Theater Snacks!

As much as I feel like I am being robbed when buying food at the theater, a movie-going experience just feels incomplete without some snacks.

I am sure everyone has a favorite movie snack, some are sweet, some are (super)unhealthy, and some are just plain sentimental.

There isn't much I can brag about Chino. Where I live, there's a lot of cows and 3 prisons. But it's also where I can always count on to get great movie snacks at the nearby Harkins Theatres.

My favorite movie snacks:

"Popcorn + seasoning powders"
I get my popcorn, skip the butter, and head straight for the seasoning stand. It has flavored seasonings such as kettle corn, caramel, ranch, white cheddar, and nacho cheddar. My favorite combination is a sweet and savory mix of kettle corn, caramel, and nacho cheddar. It's so addicting!
Another favorite of mine is the churros. Theses are my favorite churros, the best I've ever had. I know that's a big statement. But what makes them so good is, THEY ARE FRESHLY FRIED RIGHT AFTER I ORDER THEM! Nothing beats fresh hot churros!
What are some local specialty theater snacks in your neighborhood? In Taiwan, it used to be the norm for people to bring outside food such as fruits and marinated BBQ meats and vegetables and eat them inside the theater. Few years ago, this tradition was banned because frankly, the smell was too distractive and offensive to the entire audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment